NURS 2700 Written Scholarly Paper: Self Care and Professional Development
By Editorial Team Last updated: Oct 14, 2022
Course: NURS 2700 Foundations of Nursing/Health Promotion
Title of Assignment: Written Scholarly Paper: Self Care and Professional Development
- Clear Thinking: thinking through reasoning, creating, and reflecting
- Effective Communication: integrating information with experience and expressing insights
- Accepting Diversity: understanding and respecting individuals and local, regional, national, and global communities
- Ethical Decision Making: maintaining responsibility for environmental, political, economic, social, and personal concerns
Purpose of Learning Activity:
Program Student Learning Outcome #1: Demonstrate reflection, self-analysis, self-care, and lifelong learning into nursing practice.
- 1B: Construct lifelong learning approaches to support excellence in nursing.
- 1D: Utilize nursing values, knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to model professional nursing practice.
- 1F: Differentiate historical and contemporary issues in nursing.
- 1G: Identify nursing values that are significant to becoming a professional nurse.
- 1H: Explain how care for vulnerable populations is impacted by attitudes, values and expectations.
- 1I: Develop a professional development plan inclusive of practice excellence, life-long learning, and professional engagement.
- 1K: Recognize the significance of spiritual beliefs and values to promote health.
Course Outcomes/Upon completion of this assignment the student will:
- #2: Demonstrate an awareness of the role of the professional nurse within organizational systems.
- #7: Describe behavioral change techniques to promote health and manage illness in the professional nurse.
- #8: Reflect on personal and professional actions based on a set of shared core nursing values.
Suggested reading to prepare for self-assessment: APA Publication Manual & ANA Scope and Standards of Practice – Lifelong learning and professional development
To prepare for completion of the scholarly paper:
- Investigate the organizational philosophy, mission and vision of several healthcare facilities including hospitals, residential care centers and community care organizations. Registered Nurses must be employed at your chosen organization.
- Locate an organization that aligns with your own personal values. This may be a facility located in your local community, across the country or around the world.
To complete the paper, include a discussion of the following (make each a paragraph and do not change the order of paragraphs or combine).
- Discuss and differentiate an historical and contemporary issue(s) in the nursing profession. This could be one issue that has changed over time (or) a discussion of an important historical issue in nursing as well as a more current issue.
- Examine and identify nursing values, knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to model professional nursing practice. How will your values be integrated into your chosen organization? How do your values link or tie to your organization to be a ‘successful’ nurse in this organization? Be sure to identify your chosen organization by name.
- Identify your lifelong learning approach(es) (approach to learning over your lifetime) that will support both excellence in nursing and your chosen organization’s philosophy, mission, and values. Do not include the entire mission statement of your organization, although you may refer to important parts of it.
- Discuss how an individual’s spiritual beliefs and values are significant to promoting health.
- Explain how care for vulnerable populations is impacted or affected by attitudes, values, and expectations of the nurse, the patient, or both.
- Consider your self-care. Describe a technique for behavioral change to promote your health OR manage illness. Identify how this could impact care for others as a professional nurse.
- Describe what nursing practice excellence means to you. Develop/discuss your plan for professional development that includes short-term and a long-term goals and addresses practice excellence, life-long learning, professional engagement, and self-care.
Required components of the Written Scholarly Paper:
- Body of the paper: The body of the paper will be roughly 3-4 pages in length, including an introduction and conclusion. (Introductions and conclusions should broadly summarize and should be roughly 3-5 sentences at most.) Headers and indentations must align with APA 7th edition guidelines.
- References: A reference page must be included in the submitted paper. A minimum of three scholarly journals (4 for full points) must be cited and appear on the reference page. NOTE: journals older than 5 years unless speaking to something historical are not acceptable in APA Scholarly Nursing Papers.
- APA formatting: The paper must adhere to APA 7th edition guidelines - including spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Format your paper appropriately with Times New Roman size 12 font and 1-inch margins.
- Please Note – The Written Scholarly paper with any plagiarized and/or self-plagiarized material may receive 0 out of 30 points at discretion of faculty after all factors are considered.
Need help with this or similar assignment?
- Tell Us Your Requirements
- Connect with the Best Writer
- Monitor the progress
- Download Your Paper.
Click on the prompt below to place an order
Eprowriters.net is an afilliate blog of Eprowriters.com, a custom essay writing service that has been providing academic support with great success for more than five years. We are constantly updating our objectives in order to improve the quality of service we deliver and increase client satisfaction. We’ve progressed to an original concept as a result of our success.